Pilgrimage to Croatia in honour of our 50th Jubilee year
It has been 50 years since our congregation has been established. To thank God and celebrate these last fifty years we are planning a pilgrimage to certain shrines and historical places in Croatia. Our pilgrimage will start August 21st, 2018 in Zagreb and will end on August 26th in Zagreb. The price for this pilgrimage is $750* a person, $650 for children ages 0-12. This price is based on a group size of 35-40 people. This pilgrimage does not include airfare and transportation to Croatia. Please book your flight to Croatia with your choice of agency. This price includes transportation, accommodation for 5 nights, two meals a day, and entrance fees for our sites. Please note that this price does not include travel insurance. If anyone is interested in participating please contact Father Marko as soon as possible so that details can be planned. Those who decide to participate will need to give a deposit of $300** by April 8th, 2018.
If you are not a member of our Parish you are still welcome to join us on the pilgrimage. Everyone is welcome.
Our pilgrimage will include:
- Day 1 – August 21st: Cathedral of Zagreb, Cardinal Stepinac Museum, solemn Mass at St. Mark’s church, lunch, Mirogoj cemetery, Maksimir park, Zagreb zoo.
- Day 2 – August 22nd: pilgrimage to Marija Bistrica shrine, lunch, visit to Lepoglava town, visit to Varaždin (Špancirfest).
- Day 3 – August 23rd: visit to Cathedral of Varaždin, shrine of Precious Blood of Christ in Ludbreg, visit to a private vineyard and wine tasting, evening and supper at a private residence.
- Day 4 – August 24th: free morning at the hotel St. Martin in Mura with an opportunity for a spa visit and swimming, lunch in Međimurije at a private vineyard with wine tasting, in the evening we travel to our hotel in Osijek.
- Day 5 – August 25th: Vukovar – Hero City, memorial centre of the homeland war, vodotoranj, Mass at St. Filip and Jakov church, lunch, Vukovar hospital, Vukovar cemetery.
- Day 6 – August 26th: city of Osijek, Cathedral of Osijek, Cathedral of Đakovo, evening traveling back to Zagreb.
What: Pilgrimage in Croatia
When: August 21st – August 26th, 2018
Where: Zagreb, Marija Bistrica, Varaždin, Ludbreg, Međimurije, Vukovar, Osijek, Đakovo, back to Zagreb
Price: $750 Canadian dollars*, $650 for children ages 0-12. (Price is based on a group of 35-40 people, price may vary slightly if group is smaller.)
Includes: Bus transportation, accommodation in hotels, 2 meals a day, entrance fees to all sites.
If interested it is important to contact Father Marko as soon as possible.
Deposit: $300 per person by April 8th, 2018
*Price may change or vary based on currency exchange rates and the number of people participating.
**If the trip is cancelled due to lack of participation, your deposit will be refunded minus $20 for administrative fees.
April 13, 2022
March 27, 2022